Action Partner applicants must meet ALL of the following:
- Organization must be in existence for five years
- Organization must have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status
- Organization must have an audit conducted within the past 12 months
- Organization must be registered with state in which they are located
- Organizations will have a maximum operating budget of $3,000,000
- At least 50%, and preferably more, of board must identify as female
- At least 50%, and preferably more, of board officers must identify as female
- At least 50%, and preferably more, of management positions on staff must identify as female
- Ideally, WOMEN’S WAY wishes to support organizations and programs that serve the specific needs of female-identified clients, with special emphasis on low-income or vulnerable female-identified populations.
- Applicants engaged in advocacy activities focused on systemic change, either exclusively or in conjunction with direct services, will be viewed favorably by reviewers. Those providing only direct service must be willing to work with WOMEN’S WAY’s Education and Advocacy program.
- Organization must be located in and serve women and girls in the eight county Philadelphia metropolitan region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania; and Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties in New Jersey)
- Organizations must have a written, board-approved policy of nondiscrimination in hiring and service provision that meets the requirements of the City of Philadelphia
- Organization must not engage in or support terrorist activities as defined in the USA Patriot Act
If you have a question regarding eligiblity or the appropriateness of your request, please contact Director of Grantmaking Jennifer Leith.