Update 2.9.13 - The Women & Influence Conference is still on. Hope to see you today!
Women and Influence Conference: Women & Leadership
WOMEN’S WAY’s Women & Influence Conference, sponsored by Citizens Bank Foundation, is a FREE public forum that allows women to come together to focus and voice their opinions on issues of importance to women, girls, and their families in our region. Conference participants will have the opportunity to listen, learn, network, and discuss in a safe and supportive atmosphere. We will also pay tribute to the late Happy Fernandez, whose innovative spirit, intellect and commitment to social justice has inspired the WOMEN'S WAY community; and stands as a testament to the power of strong female leadership.
Due to the forecast for inclement weather, we are closely monitoring the situation. We are still planning to hold the Conference as long as major roadways remain clear and will update participants of any changes in plans via e-mail. We will also post any necessary updates to this page. Thank you for being a part of this event!
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM - Registration & Breakfast
9:30 AM to 9:45 AM - Welcome
- Cecelia Fitzgibbon, Moore College of Art & Design
- Amanda Aronoff, WOMEN'S WAY
- Henri Moore, Citizens Bank Foundation
9:45 AM to 10:15 AM - Keynote Speaker
- Sam Bennett, President & CEO of the Women's Campaign Fund
10:30 AM to 11:30 AM - Morning Workshops (Choose one)
- Session 1: How to Tell Your Story & Inspire Others
- Presenter: Jamie Brunson, First Person Arts
- Session 2: How to Market Yourself
- Presenter: Kim Reed, Reed Development Group
- Session 3: Leadership Styles: What Kind of Leader Are You?
- Presenter: Lesley Mallow Wendell, Rosewood Consulting Group
11:30 to 12:00pm - Networking Lunch
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Moderated Panel Discussion: Women as Political Leaders: Stories from the Front Lines
- Pennsylvania State Representative Cherelle Parker
- Kathryn Boockvar, Chief Counsel for the Pennsylvania Auditor General and former Congressional Candidate
- Cheryl Bullock, Senior Advisor & Regional Director for Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
- Henri Moore, Citizens Bank Foundation (Moderator)
1:15 PM to 2:15 PM - Afternoon Workshops (Choose one)
- Session 1: Grassroots Leadership Using Social Media
- Presenters: Evan Urbania, Chatterblast Media & Rita Poley, Creator of the Stop the Abington Hospital Merger Facebook
- Session 1: The Importance of Mentorship
- Presenter: Linda Stone, Forum of Executive Women
- Session 3: How to Manage Up
- Presenter: Rose Ann Scanlon, ScanlonLouis
2:30 PM to 3:30 PM - Moderated Panel Discussion: The Media's Portrayal of Women & Leadership, featuring clips from the documentary MissRepresentation
- Loraine Ballard Morrill, ClearChannel (Moderator)
- Nuala Cabral, FAAN Mail
- Jude Ray, Philadelphia Women in Film and Television
- Linda Wright Moore, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
3:30 PM - Concluding Remarks - Jen Horwitz, WOMEN'S WAY
WOMEN'S WAY would like to thank Citizens Bank Foundation for their ten years of continued support of the Women & Influence Conference.
Due to overwhelming interest in this year's conference, we have been forced to close registration early. We will re-open registration as space permits. We hope you will join us for next year's conference and for future WOMEN'S WAY events.
BREAKFAST & LUNCH
A light breakfast will be provided to all attendees. A limited number of boxed lunches will be available for purchase at the conference for $10.00. Conference attendees are also welcome to bring a brown bag lunch with them to the event.