Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum
In October 2020, we launched the Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Virtual Education Series whose purpose is to educate different stakeholders on both the key drivers of the gender wealth gap and accelerators that help close the gender wealth gap in our region. Each session features the most recognized experts and thought leaders on women’s issues in the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond. Each facilitated discussion includes three topic experts – one addresses the topic from a policy perspective, one addresses the topic from a practitioner perspective, and one addresses the topic from a lived experience perspective.
Upcoming Virtual Sessions
- January 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Understanding White Supremacy: How to Challenge and Dismantle
- February 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Intersections of Reproductive Justice and Economic Justice
- March 11, 2022: The Gender Wealth Summit
- April 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Retirement Planning for Women: Saving and Preparing
- June 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Building Public Will Through Narrative Change
- September 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Why the Student Loan Crisis is a Gender Justice Issue
- October 2022: Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Challenging Gender Norms through Gender Transformative Programs
View the previous session recordings below.
Session: Intersections of Intimate Partner Violence and Economic Security of Women
Session: Equity in Grantmaking
Session: Strengthening the Financial Capability of Women
Session: Improving Access to Affordable Housing
This event was sponsored by Cindy Wollman of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services.
Session: Black Women and Health Care
Sponsored by Permit Capital, Penn Medicine, and the Philadelphia Commission for Women