Community Women's Fund applicants must meet ALL of the following:
- Organization must serve women and/or girls in one or more of these counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania; or Burlington, Camden, or Gloucester Counties in New Jersey.
- Program must target the specific needs of women and/or girls, with particular emphasis on low-income women and/or girls. Population served must be at least 50% female.
- Organization must demonstrate substantial women’s leadership at both the Board AND senior staff/management levels.
- The project and organizational mission must be in agreement with WOMEN'S WAY's mission.
- Organization must have a written board-adopted policy of nondiscrimination which demonstrates a practice of nondiscrimination in employment and service provision on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, or handicap.
- Organization must certify it does not engage in or support terrorist activities as defined in the USA Patriot Act.
- Past grantees must have submitted a final report for all previous grants.
- Organization must have current IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Organizations may only apply once in a calendar year. However, if an organization submits a Letter of Intent and did not submit a full proposal, they may reapply the following cycle.
What WOMEN’S WAY is NOT Interested in Funding
WOMEN'S WAY seeks applications that support our mission. The following types of organizations and projects conflict with our values and funding philosophy and would not be considered.
- Organizations that consider themselves to be pro-life
- Organizations and projects that do not support a woman’s full range of reproductive choices
- Organizations and projects promoting abstinence-only sex education
- Organizations and projects opposing same sex relationships or marriage
WOMEN’S WAY does not fund individuals or organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or a fiscal sponsor.
If you have a question as to whether your organization is eligible and/or your funding request is appropriate, please call Romana Lee-Akiyama, Director of Grantmaking and Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives at 215-985-0333 x227 or email her at [email protected].
If you have a question regarding eligiblity or the appropriateness of your request, please contact Director of Grantmaking and Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives, Romana Lee-Akiyama, at [email protected].