Program Home General Operating Fund Immediate Response Action Fund
General Operating Fund
Following our commitment to equity in grantmaking and in direct response to input from our community partners, WOMEN’S WAY launched the General Operating Fund in 2022 to provide 2-year grants to organizations primarily serving women, girls, and/or the gender-expansive community. On January 9, 2023, WOMEN’S WAY will begin a new application cycle to fund the second cohort of General Operating Fund grantees. Applications will be accepted until February 6, 2023. We will implement a participatory grantmaking framework with current grantees serving as the Grant Application Review Committee for the General Operating Fund in 2023.
- Up to $10,000 / year for 2 years
- Applications will be accepted January 9, 2023 – February 6, 2023 (by 11:59 PM)
- Decisions will be made and communicated by mid-March 2023
- Grantees will be asked to identify annual goals and to report on progress and challenges every 12 months for the duration of the grant
- has operated consistently for at least one year
- primarily serves women, girls, and/or the gender-expansive community
- provides services in at least one of our eight counties of coverage: Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, Gloucester, Burlington, and Camden
- is a tax-exempt organization under sections 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or has a fiscal sponsor (WOMEN’S WAY cannot grant to individuals)
- affirms that they do not have any policies, programs, services, or advocacy that conflict with WOMEN’S WAY’s position on issues, specifically our belief that people should have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion
- has programming that addresses one of the following four areas:
- Advancing reproductive justice and sexual health
- Increasing safety against gender-based violence
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency and justice
- Developing the leadership of girls and young women
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- are led by women of color that have budgets of less than $500,000
- have not received funding from WOMEN’S WAY between January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Most recent 990 or 990-EZ. (If you do not file a 990, or you file a 990N, please provide a year-end financial statement or audited financial statements.)
- 501 (c)(3) IRS letter or Letter of Resolution from your fiscal sponsor
- Current Fiscal Year Operational Budget
2. Complete the brief online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GenOp2023
Please reach out to the Chief Impact Officer, Jessica Muslin, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Meet our 2022 Grantees
Out of the 11 organizations that received funding, 8 are led by women of color and only 2 have budgets of over $500,000. 8 of the organizations have budgets under $200,000. Read our General Operating Fund 2022 Report here.
Along The Way | Ardella’s House | Coalition for Restaurant Safety and Health (CRSH) | Girls Justice League | Girls on the Run Philadelphia | National Domestic Workers Alliance | The Evoluer House | The Greater Philadelphia Diaper Bank | The Womanist Working Collective | Three Little Birds Perinatal | we REIGN Inc.