Important and urgent needs of women and girls are now arising more frequently than anyone could have predicted.
As a result, we created the Immediate Respose Action Fund (IRAF) to quickly distribute funds to organizations to address the needs of women and girls as they arise. The IRAF grant application and evaluation processes allow WOMEN’S WAY to assess urgent situations more thoroughly and quickly, and determine how to respond most effectively.
Build the Fund
WOMEN’S WAY launched a campaign to raise a total of $200,000 by July 1, 2017. Please help us realize our grantmaking goal by giving online.
The Fund will provide one-time small grants in the range of $3,000 - $15,000 for a grant period of up to 12 months. If approved, the grant will be processed in no more than 10 business days after receipt of application.
Priority will be given to requests from organizations that are addressing issues that disproportionately impact low-income and vulnerable women and girls, and communities of color.
Grant applications should meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Timely and Urgent: the specific event, opportunity or challenge that your organization is responding to must be unanticipated and must require urgent action
- Focus on WOMEN’S WAY Four Core Pillars: the proposal must be in response to an unexpected moment or opportunity to address the needs of women and girls in one of the following four areas:
- Advancing and protecting reproductive freedom and health care access
- Safety and gender-based violence
- Economic self-sufficiency and justice
- Developing the leadership of girls and young women
- Opportunity for Intervention: grant funds must be able to have an immediate impact on the defined issue
- Organizations: must be a nonprofit organization that is determined to be a tax-exempt organization under sections 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor. WOMEN’S WAY cannot grant to individuals. Organizations must affirm that they do not have any policies, programs, services or advocacy that is in conflict with WOMEN’S WAY’s policy positioning, public messaging and communications regarding issues, including access to the full range of reproductive health care
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following documents to email@example.com