Now Hiring: Part-time Database Associate
WOMEN’S WAY is looking for an ambitious, independently-motivated analytical thinker to provide support with data management. This role would be perfect for a self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and a love for improving processes.
WHO WE ARE
WOMEN’S WAY is the Greater Philadelphia region’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of women, girls, and gender equity. At WOMEN’S WAY, we work every day to remove barriers that hold women back, so that all women thrive. Since its founding 44 years ago, WOMEN’S WAY has seeded, supported, and led an array of efforts to advance opportunities for women and girls, and gender equity for all. The four main pillars we focus on are 1) Economic Security; 2) Safety; 3) Reproductive Rights; and 4) Leadership Development.
We support these issues by 1) coordinating and aligning efforts among stakeholders, 2) empowering individual and collective voices to build new knowledge and advocate for change, and 3) investing in organizations through grantmaking, training, and resource sharing.
We are a small but mighty team strongly committed to continuous learning, innovation, and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will manage our data for Development (Raiser’s Edge) and the Gender Wealth Institute (GWI). Information about the GWI is below the job description. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Database & Donor Management in Raiser’s Edge (*high attention to detail required*)
- Take full responsibility for managing the database, reporting to the Director of Operations
- Enter gifts in Raiser’s Edge NXT (or database view), file paperwork, and send donor acknowledgment letters
- Maintain accurate records of donors/prospects, development activities, gifts, and pledges,
- “Clean up” the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate entries / filings
- Generate Raiser’s Edge reports to support fundraising strategy and donor meetings
- Manage solicitation campaigns
- Send out annual appeal letters (typically July and November)
- Workplace campaigns (Acknowledgements, Solicitations)
Gender Wealth Institute
- Work with the Director of GWI to build and manage the data repository
- Work with the Director of GWI to collect and compile data to evaluate GWI programs
- Oversee the process for collecting, reviewing, and disseminating data related to the Advocacy and Policy committee
- Assist the Director of GWI in pulling data for future written pieces and published information on the website
- Work with Manager of Communications to create social media toolkits (data point + narrative story + graphic) related to GWI issues
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual who loves learning and is passionate about gender and racial equity. To be successful in this job, you will need to be the type of person who can quickly and accurately enter and analyze information. A few more specifics:
- A minimum of two years work experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or Raiser’s Edge Database view
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Great attitude and appreciation for continuous learning; a willingness to do both strategic and mundane tasks
- Process driven
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience cleaning up a database
- Experience with data visualization
- Bachelor’s Degree
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to racial equity and social justice. We strongly encourage people of color and individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The targeted start date for this role is September 2021. Hours are typically Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, and as a part time employee we will work with your schedule. We anticipate a 20-hour work week for this role at a rate of $25 an hour. We are currently operating on a hybrid office / work from home model and will ultimately be deciding whether to return to the office full time, keep a hybrid model, or become 100% virtual (with periodic in-person meetings). We also offer very competitive benefits, including health insurance, a generous vacation package, and work flexibility.
Information about the Gender Wealth Institute (formerly Women’s Economic Security Initiative)
WOMEN’S WAY launched the Women’s Economic Security Initiative (WESI) in October 2017, a long-term, systems-level collaborative initiative centered around the shared vision that all women in the Philadelphia region attain financial well-being for themselves and their families. WESI brings together 80+ partners representing government, nonprofits, philanthropy, business, and women with the lived experience of economic insecurity around a common agenda and aligned activities. As the backbone, WOMEN’S WAY recruits partners, guides vision and strategy, supports aligned activities, builds public will, and mobilizes funding.
In the face of society’s current economic challenges, WOMEN’S WAY is building on the learnings, momentum, and early successes of WESI to launch the next evolution of WESI: the Gender Wealth Institute (GWI). GWI’s mission is to close the gender wealth gap in the Greater Philadelphia region by advancing research and practical solutions that build wealth for women who are economically insecure.
To apply for this position, please send the following materials to Development@womensway.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. The deadline for applications is August 31, 2021.
- Resume – PDF or Word document
- Answers to the following questions – PDF or Word document (each answer should be no more than 2 paragraphs):
- Why are you interested in this position and what do you hope to learn in this role?
- What are two unique strengths/qualities that you will bring to WOMEN’S WAY?