WESI is deeply committed to equity and inclusion. Below, we detail some of the ways in which we are working toward achieving equity in our work.
WESI believes in:
- Centering the self-identified needs and voices of women experiencing financial insecurity
- Fostering an inclusive environment where systemic barriers to participation are eliminated for women experiencing financial insecurity
- Developing a pipeline that includes access to resources for leadership development of women experiencing financial insecurity to co-create solutions
- Providing opportunities for increased awareness and education of system actors around equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Challenging and dismantling systemic oppression within all institutions that WESI is connected to that creates and encourages new organizational culture within those institutions