40TH ANNIVERSARY POWERFUL VOICE AWARDS RESULT
On May 11th, WOMEN’S WAY held its 40th Anniversary Powerful Voice Awards during which 850 people enjoyed a lively and festive evening of networking, dining, and inspiring presentations. The celebration honored 40 groups and individuals who, over four decades, helped build the foundation on which WW stands today. (Watch the videos of the honorees here.) David L. Cohen presented the Lucretia Mott Award to Dr. Amy Gutmann, President of the University of Pennsylvania, who gave a dynamic presentation. Councilwoman Helen Gym introduced Mayor Jim Kenney who spoke about the importance of WOMEN’S WAY with respect to advancing the rights of and opportunities for women and girls. See some photos from the event here.
The event was truly a great success! We:
- Raised more than $275,000, of which $20,000 was raised for our new grantmaking program, the Immediate Response Action Fund
- Secured broadcast television attendance and coverage, including Action News at 10pm, Action News at 11pm and NBC10 at 11pm
- Reached 173,275 users creating 1,039,694 impressions, using hashtag #PVA17
- Increased our Instagram followers by 214%
- Deepened engagement of current donors and engaged new donors
- Received positive feedback from hundreds of individuals
The Importance of This Event
This is WOMEN’S WAY’s largest fundraising event of the year and is one of the most significant nonprofit events in our region. The event serves as an annual convening for engaged supporters to come together and focus on the status of women and girls – in their communities, homes, workplace, health, politics, and in the news. Because of funding from this important event, WOMEN’S WAY is in a unique position to tackle the region’s most pressing problems by leveraging funds that are put directly to work in the community in service of our mission to advance the status of women and girls and promote gender equality.