Connect, Empower, Invest
Connect with your goals, fears, passions and peers.
Empower yourself to thrive, practice self-care, and play an active role in creating positive change.
Invest your time, passion and commitment in worthy causes and establish your role in growing Women’s Way.
Join us for the first ever YWI Retreat on October 14, 2017. This free, interactive event will bring together a diverse group of women to collectively conquer our fears, spark our passions, and fuel our movement. Space is limited, so RSVP today!
Date: October 14, 2017
Venue: Clark Park (Meet at 43rd & Chester Ave.)
*Rain venue: Industrious Coworking – 230 S. Broad St. Floor 17
11:00 – 11:20: Coffee, intros
11:20 – 12:30: Connect & Empower
- Tune in and reconnect: 5 minute guided meditation
- Fear-in-a-hat: Everyone write down a fear that they have at this point in their life/career. Responses are shuffled and all participants draw an answer and read it aloud, without commenting. Once all responses are read, the group discusses themes they noticed, what they relate to, how they’ve overcome the fears mentioned, etc. [20 minutes]
- Talk through “4 Simple Steps to Conquer Your Fears” [10 minutes]
- Accessing your passions: “If You Had A Billion Dollars” exercise [30 mins]
12:30 – 1:00: Lunch break [Food trucks]
1:00 – 2:00: Invest
- Hope-in-a-hat: write down 3 big hopes you have for women, girls & gender equality. Group all pulls and reads responses. Then, the group to writes down one way they think they can commit to actively working towards any one of the responses that was read. Go around and share responses. [30 minutes]
- YWI planning: Pick one of the above ‘hopes’ that you think YWI could work towards as a collective. Think big and get creative! This will inform our plan for 2018 programming [open discussion for 30 minutes]