NOMINATIONS NEEDED FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL WOMEN’S WAY BOOK PRIZE!
Did you read an amazing book last year? Consider nominating it for the 13th Annual WOMEN’S WAY Book Prize! Nominations are due by Monday, March 22. Click here to nominate a book. Or download the nomination form here and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Book Prize honors a cis or trans woman author or co-author for her work in advancing the dialogue about issues impacting women and girls. Established in 2007, this prize honors the legacy of Ernesta Drinker Ballard, a WOMEN’S WAY founder, first president of its Board of Directors and extraordinary champion for women and girls.
Book Nomination Guidelines:
1) Books must be authored or co-authored by a cis or trans woman. Co-authored books are eligible for the prize, but a cis or trans woman must have played a significant role in authoring the book.
2) Full-length books of fiction and nonfiction are eligible. Collections of short stories and collections of essays by one author are eligible. Collections of short stories and collections of essays compiled by an editor are not eligible.
3) The book must have been published between July 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020.
4) Books must be written or translated into English and must be available for purchase in the United States.
5) Previous recipients of the Book Prize are eligible. Books that have previously been nominated will not be reconsidered.
6) Books must address at least one of the following issues: Equality, Safety, Self-Sufficiency, Reproductive Freedom, Women’s Leadership, or Women’s History.
7) The book must align with the work of WOMEN’S WAY or not be in obvious opposition of our work.
8) Books must be accessible to a non-academic audience.
9) The author must be based in the United States.
For a list of previous winners, please click here.