Now Hiring: Manager of Communications
WOMEN’S WAY is looking for an ambitious, independently motivated jack-of-all-trades to lead our communications efforts. This role would be perfect for a self-starter with big ideas, impeccable attention to detail, and a desire to grow professionally.
WHO WE ARE
WOMEN’S WAY is the Greater Philadelphia region’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of women, girls, and gender equity. At WOMEN’S WAY, we work every day to remove barriers that hold women back, so that all women thrive. Since its founding 44 years ago, WOMEN’S WAY has seeded, supported, and led an array of efforts to advance opportunities for women and girls, and gender equity for all. The four main pillars we focus on are:
- Advancing reproductive justice and sexual health
- Increasing safety against gender-based violence
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency and justice
- Developing the leadership of girls and young women
We support these issues by 1) coordinating and aligning efforts among stakeholders, 2) empowering the individual and collective voices to build new knowledge and advocate for change, and 3) investing in organizations through grantmaking, training, and resource sharing.
We are a small but mighty team strongly committed to continuous learning, innovation, and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will implement our communications strategies through digital engagement, events, research, and administrative support. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Strategic Communications Development and Implementation
- Lead the development of a strategic communications plan for the organization
- Design, implement, and test strategies to continually improve our communications and marketing efforts
Content Management & Creation
- Develop calendar and content for WOMEN’S WAY social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Draft compelling content for Constant Contact E-blasts (usually sent 1x/week) to increase audience engagement
- Develop calendar and content for WOMEN’S WAY blog (Medium)
- Analyze and report on key engagement metrics with an emphasis on recommending improvements
- Assist with all communication functions associated with WOMEN’S WAY events including, but not limited to: Creating evites, drafting and editing program books, marketing/advertising the event, and posting relevant social media content (including at the Events)
- Provide event support for WOMEN’S WAY educational and fundraising events, including, but not limited to: sending invitations, maintaining registration lists, and any day- of-event logistics
- Maintain, update, improve the WOMEN’S WAY website (WordPress) and implement strategies to boost website visibility
- Respond to inquiries from WOMEN’S WAY website and general email account
- Maintain Constant Contact subscriber list (clean list, add new subscribers)
- Other administrative tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual who loves learning and is passionate about gender and racial equity. To be successful in this job, you will need to be the type of person who can figure out whatever challenge is thrown at you. You will also need to be a master multi-tasker, a fast learner, and a strong writer. If you are a smart, hard-working individual who wants to grow in the nonprofit world, this position is for you! A few more specifics:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years work experience
- Strong writing skills, impeccable proof-reading skills, and meticulous attention to detail (you’re the type of person who would read your e-blast 3 times before sending it out to catch any typos)
- Great attitude and appreciation for continuous learning; a willingness to do both strategic and mundane tasks
- Detail-oriented and process driven
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a simple, digestible, and compelling way
- Tech and social media savvy
- Experience with Word Press or other website platform
- Experience with Constant Contact or other e-mail platform
- Experience with basic graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Non-Profit experience
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to racial equity and social justice. We strongly encourage people of color and individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
There is a Communications and Events intern that will report to the Manager of Communications.
Applications are due by January 31, 2022. The targeted start date for this role is February 2022. Hours are typically Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, but some evenings and weekends will be required for special events and meetings. We are currently operating 100% remote with plans to return to a hybrid office / work from home model.
Salary will be between $60,000 and $65,000 with exact salary depending on experience. We also offer very competitive benefits, including health insurance, a generous vacation package, and work flexibility.
To apply for this position, please send the following materials to Development@womensway.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, by January 31, 2022
- Resume (PDF or Word)
- Your answers to the following questions (each answer should be no more than 2 paragraphs) in PDF or Word:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What are two unique strengths/qualities that you will bring to WOMEN’S WAY?
- Make one recommendation for enhancing WOMEN’S WAY’s website or social media platforms to build recognition and audience engagement
View the job description in PDF form here.